Gallery of images from the Ladies Celebration Run (requires Flash player).
The ladies celebration run was blessed with warm sunny weather and an attendance of 65 runners. The route, from Radio Maldwyn car park went along the river path to the end by Trehafren where it turned around, went along to Dolerw and looped twice around Dolerw. A goody bag and memento was given to all runners/walkers.
Thank you to everyone who helped in any way on the day, to all runners/walkers who came and took art and to everyone who donated to our charities. We raised £122 for Severn Hospice and £300 for Breast Cancer.
A few comments from our runners : -
- Lovely friendly environment, thanks - had a great morning and felt supported.
- Great support along the run.
- Best thing I managed to finish.
- Good pacemaker at the front
- Lovely atmosphere - very friendly
- Good pacemaker at the front.
- Lovely atmosphere very friendly.
- Great to have a pacer that you had to stay behind, made it feel much more fun and less pressure, a fantastic event.
- Best thing I found was all the support and the atmosphere.
- Fab support from start to finish.
- So well organised.
- Everyone was relaxed and had fun along with coffee and cake.
- Definitely felt supported by others.
- Best thing was that I completely ran 5k without stopping.
- Lovely morning everyone friendly and encouraging and would come again definitely.
- A lovely morning to celebrate women being active thank you and the sun stayed shining.
- Well done everyone, it was a huge success and lovely to be part of it.
- So pleased it all went well, lots of lovely ladies happy running on such a lovely morning.
- Super effort by all, feeling very chuffed to be part of something special with lovely ladies. Well done all.
- Glad it was a success, enjoying looking at the photographs.
- Well done on a fantastic event all hard work paid off and everyone had fun.
- We were met at door buzzing with excitement looking forward to cuppa.
- Lovely event and watching ladies smiling as they ran past was fantastic.
- Enjoyed the run today thanks.
- Warm day but most enjoyable.† Hard work by everyone really showed, what a great morning and so lovely to have ladies there that havenít run much for a long time.
- Chuffed to complete, no pressure just fun and encouragement.
- Great event love key ring, goody bag, tea and cake.
- It was so nice for me to run with one daughter even if the other one is now never going to run again.
- What a great idea for a runner at the front to keep everyone from rushing off and keeping everyone together.
- Thank you to everyone for such a lovely day, all who helped organise the event.
- Thank you for a fantastic event which was brilliantly organised, big thank you to everyone who gave encouragement at every part of the course including those who walked alongside to officer support, well done.
- Thank you to all the volunteers who made the run such a great experience this morning, loved every minute of it.† I hope you raised a decent amount for your charity well done.